Setka and Shopify
How to connect Setka and Shopify via Zapier.
Please see this short video to see how to set it up:
Video showing how to setup Setka and Shopify integration via Zapier
1. Open your Zapier account and click Make a Zap in a left-hand corner:
Screenshot of Zapier interface: Arrow pointing at "Make a Zap" button
2. Find Setka in the list of available apps and set it as a trigger:
Screenshot of Zapier Interface: Searching for Setka app to set it as a trigger
Find New post in a Trigger Event list and click Continue. This script will work once you publish a new post in your Setka account.
Screenshot of Zapier interface: "New post" is selected as a trigger event
Click Sign in to Setka and enter your license key in the appeared window:
Screenshot of Zapier interface: "Sign in to Setka" button
Screenshot of Setka interface: Integrations tab showing fields with your license keys
Choose the added account from the appeared list and click Continue to go to the next step.
Screesnhot of Zapier interface: Choosing Setka account in the dropdown
Choose Published in the Post State dropdown list. Thus, changing the post's state to Published will launch the following script:
Screesnhot of Zapier interface: Setting up a trigger - choosing "Published" in the Post State dropdown list
To test the trigger, try to publish a post in your Setka account. To do that, click Publish on the post's badge. After that, click the Test trigger button in the Zapier interface and check the data received.
Screenshot of Setka editor interface: "Publish" button on a post badge
1. Find Shopify in an Action block with the help of a search field. Choose it.
Screenshot of Zapier interface: choosing Shopify in an action dropdown
2. Choose a Create Blog Entry action from the appeared Action Event list and click Continue:
Screenshot of Zapier interface: Choosing "Create Blog Entry" in the "Action Event" dropdown
1. Click Sign in to Shopify and insert login data. Skip this step if you have already connected the account.
2. Choose the connected account from an appeared Shopify account: (required) list and click Continue.
Settings will lead you to a Setup action block. From an appeared Blog code block, choose Shopify, where your Setka posts will be exported to.
Then replace Shopify post fields with Setka post data. Set the following:
1. Title data for a Title field.
2. Author Name data for an Author Name field.
3. Replace the Content field with the data according to this template:
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Common CSS]" />
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Layouts CSS]" />
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Themes CSS]" />
<script src="[Assets Plugins]"></script>
Screenshot of Zapier interface: Adding HTML to "Content" field
4. If you want to save exported posts in Shopify as a draft, choose False in an Is Published field. If you want to publish your posts instantly, choose True. Save changes by clicking Continue.
5. After that, you will be offered to test publishing in Shopify. Please note that by clicking Test & Continue, a post will be exported to Shopify right from your Setka account.
Press Skip Test to pass testing.
The setting is done. You can activate posting with the help of a switch box in the upper right-hand corner:
Screenshot of Zapier interface: Activating the Setka and Shopify integration via Zapier using the ON/OFF toggle
Now your Setka posts will export automatically to Shopify after pressing Publish in your Setka account. To run the export manually, click Run in a Zaps menu:
Screenshot of Zapier interface: A dropdown menu with "Run" button
A free Zapier account checks for the new published Setka posts not more often than once in 15 minutes. If you export the first post instantly, the next one will be exported not earlier than 15 minutes. You can learn more about terms and conditions on the official Zapier website.