Comment on page
Updating exported posts
To automatically update posts that were changed on your Setka account, you need to create a new Zap and set Setka as a trigger and Webflow as an action.
1. Open your Zapier account and click Make a Zap in a left-hand corner;
Screenshot of Zapier interface: arrow pointing at "Make a Zap" button
2. Find Setka in the list of available apps and set it as a trigger:
Screenshot of Zapier Interface: searching for Setka app to set it as a trigger
Find Update Post in the Trigger Event list and click Continue. This script will work once you update a post in your Setka account.
Screenshot of Zapier Interface: selecting the trigger event
Click Sign in to Setka and enter your license key in the appeared window:
Screenshot of Zapier interface: "Sign in to Setka" button
Screenshot of Setka interface: Post API integration and a license key
Choose the added account from the appeared list and click Continue to go to the next step.
Screenshot of Zapier interface: selecting the Setka account
Then, to update the post, click the Republish button on the post editor page:
Screenshot of the Setka Editor interface: updating the post
1. Find Webflow in the Action block with the help of a search field. Choose it.
Screenshot of Zapier Interface: Webflow in App Event dropdown
2. Choose the Update Item action from the appeared Action Event list and click Continue:
Screenshot of Zapier Interface: updating item in Webflow
Skip this step if you have already connected the account.
1. Click Sign in to Webflow and insert login data.
2. Note the websites where you are planning to publish your Setka posts with a checkmark and click Authorize Application:
Screenshot of Zapier interface: "Request for Permission" section with checkboxes to authorize application for websites
3. Choose the connected account from an appeared Webflow account: (required) list and click Continue.
Settings will lead you to a Setup action block. From an appeared Blog code block, choose the Webflow website where your Setka posts will be exported. Choose the needed CMS Collection from a Collection list.
Then replace Webflow post fields with Setka post data. Set the following:
1. External ID data for the Item field.
2. Title data for a post's title field (if available).
3. Author Name data for a field that contains the author's name (if available).
4. Replace the field with a full version of a post with the data according to this template:
<div class="w-embed w-script">
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Common CSS]" />
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Layouts CSS]" />
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Themes CSS]" />
<script src="[Assets Plugins]"></script>
Screenshots of Zapier interface: marking up the data
4. If you want to save updated posts in CMS Collection as drafts, choose False in a Draft field. If you want to publish your posts instantly, choose True. The same for an Archived field: choose True to draft the post or click False to save it as published.
Save changes by clicking Continue.
5. After that, you will be offered to test updates in Webflow. Please note that by clicking Test & Continue, a post will be updated in accordance with edits from your Setka account.
Click Skip Test to pass testing.
The setting is done. You can activate automatic updates with the help of a switch box in the upper right-hand corner:
Screenshot of Zapier interface: activating the zap
Now your Setka posts will update automatically in Webflow after saving them in your Setka account. To run the export manually, click Run in a Zaps menu:
Screenshot of Zapier interface: a dropdown menu with "Run" option highlighted