Comment on page
Semi-gated content with a HubSpot form
Gated content is an article, white paper or video, that requires the user to fill some form, register, or overcome the paywall before viewing the full version. HubSpot Forms allows you to create "half-gated" or "semi-gated" pieces of content.
Follow these steps to create a "gated content" effect on your post:
1. Create a short version of your post. The last screen of the post will be hidden under the overlay.
position: absolute; left: 0; bottom: 0; right: 0; min-height: 100vh; margin-bottom: 0; background: linear-gradient(180deg, rgba(255, 255, 255, 0) 0%, rgba(200, 200, 200, 0.9) 50%); z-index: 100
5. If you want to redirect visitors to the full post after the form is submitted, add the
redirectUrlparameter to the form initialization code with the redirect URL as a value.
Form code example:
<!--[if lte IE 8]>
Video with a preview of a half-gated content piece with a HubSpot form overlay created in Setka Editor
In the example above the form is located on a placeholder. Here is how you can customize its appearance in the custom CSS field:
position: absolute; left: 0; bottom: 0; right: 0; min-height: 100vh; /* maximize grid size to fit screen*/
margin-bottom: 0; /* remove bottom margin */
background: linear-gradient(180deg, rgba(255, 255, 255, 0) 0%, rgba(200, 200, 200, 0.9) 50%); /* background from transparent to semi-transparent grey */
z-index: 100 /* place grid over other page content*/
- You can maximize the grid to fit the screen.
- You can set a gradient for the background color (from transparent to semi-transparent).
- You can set the color of the background.
You can customize the placeholder design further by changing the custom CSS.